Skip to main content

Epiphany 2

Well actually, Chuck Lorre's epiphany #383, generalized

"...I finally woke up to the fact that the principles I was taught as a child, like fairness and justice, have no place in the world of power and money. The rules of the sandbox, strictly enforced by a wise and compassionate adult, are laughable when the sandbox is [insert your field here]. [...] Further complicating the situation is our collective, unconscious desire to be supervised by that wise and compassionate adult. But there is no such adult. The truth is, we are alone in the sandbox. The game we play, seemingly forever, is called "Ideals vs. Money and Bats." For what it's worth, I'm betting on the latter, but there's a little boy [girl] in me who insists on voting for the former."

Thank you, Chuck; I hope you excuse the tweaked context. It's just encouraging to know that there are like-minded children wandering in the sandbox.

Comments